I'm puttting this here because I figured you all may come up with a answer before EMC(ticket open since Friday). And they are saying it's a install issue so I have to wait for the local team to help since it's not a Break/Fix issue.
This is what I've done so far.
1) I have a VNX with SAN Copy licened.
2) Created redundant paths in my switches. 8F0 Symm to SPB4 and 7F0 to SPA5 in seperate zones
3) Created the masking views associating my snaps to the VNX wwn's I see.
4) Per the documentation I did both command line to update the connections. Per what I'm reading this should create a innitiator port to make the VNX look like a host to the symmetrix.
5) I can't make the symmetrix part of the storage group nor does the wizard work for me in SAN Copy.
It's really strange. I can see the WWN's of the Symm on the VNX and on the VNX I can see the WWN's of the V-Max. But for whatever reason I can't do the SAN Copy.
Could it be that it's becuase I am presenting Snaps to the VNX?? The documentation says those are ok.
It's really strange. I can see the WWN's of the Symm on the VNX and on the VNX I can see the WWN's of the V-Max.
hmm ...did you mean to say that you can see V-MAX wwn login to VNX and you can see VNX wwn login to FAs on V-MAX ?
I figured out what I was doing wrong I needed to use the wwn's of the luns from the V-Max in the san copy wizard. I thought the wizard would populate on it's own.
Yeah, as I stated up above. Well, first I needed to use the symdev -wwn -vdev command and grab the wwn's. I wish you could do a copy and paste from GUI and that you didn't need the ":" in the wizard. After that it was smooth sailing.
Also, there is mention of an alternative that can be considered. As a reminder mentioned in the post, SAN Copy *from* a VMAX to VNX would be a full (pull) only. Also mentioned in the post though is an incremental option which would be via Open Replicator instead.