Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2014 13:00

Storage Pool Not found on the Remote System

Guys--

I had an issue while replicating the VDM from source to destination, When i run the command to replicate VDM it throwing the following error

Error Details:

Error 14764146700

MessageID = 14764146700

BaseID    = 12

Severity  = ERROR

Component = CLI

Facility  = nas_replicate

Type      = STATUS

Brief_Description  = Storage pool ${poolName,8,%s} is not found for remote system id ${remoteSystem,8,%s}.

Full_Description   = Storage pool ${poolName,8,%s} is not found for remote system id ${remoteSystem,8,%s}.

Recommended_Action = Specify an existing pool.

But strangly that pool existed on the destination system(that's the only pool). So i tried with the destination pool ID and the VDM replicated successfully. Is it any kind of bug that you ever heard of. We had the same issue of the 2 more boxes.

So also tried from GUI to replicate the VDM, In GUI the destination pool is automatically popping up.

Every box is brand new with latest code running on them.

Model: VNX7600

Version: 8.1.1-33

Thanks in advance

8.6K Posts

May 4th, 2014 15:00

Please open a service request so that if necessary a bug can be opened

Just mentioning a problem on the forum won't do that

22 Posts

May 6th, 2014 11:00

Thank you, Yes we already did and they suggested to try mentioning the pool name in quotation marks. We will try this any time later this week. Our pool has 26 charecters.

22 Posts

May 9th, 2014 15:00

We finally heard back from EMC support after few lab tests. All this is about we have "+" sign in the pool name. It's not an invalid character to be used in the pool, Everything else works fine, But it will be a problem when it comes to replications. There are few more characters which are valid and pose problems in replications when we mention the pool name.

Anyhow its not a problem if you used to use pool ID's instead of pool names.

Thank you.

8.6K Posts

May 10th, 2014 05:00

Thanks for the update

Rainer

No Events found!