Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

8 Posts

August 27th, 2020 23:00

System Alerts from old upgrade iso

We've been receiving the following:

dskMon[27133]: FS /celerra/dvdiso/8.1.9.155_dvd_image.iso mounted on /celerra/upgrade filling up (at 100%, max = 90%).

I understand why it's happening (it's an ISO, it's always going to be full), however I can't work out how to actually unmount it.

I've tried umount, but just get the device is busy.

Any assistance appreciated.

• 

7.1K Posts

August 28th, 2020 10:00

Hello shauntp,

First you will need to confirm that you or another user has navigated to iso or a subdirectory and tried to unmount from there. Ensure no user's cursor is in /celerra/upgrade or one of its subidrectories.  You need to also make sure that includes having been in /celerra/upgrade as 1 user i.e. nasadmin and then used su or "su -" .  You can exit out of su/su -i and have others logged in to do the same or forcibly log them out.  Then once at the lowest or iniital log in session cd to / and then su again.  You will be unable to umount the ISO image as nasadmin.

8 Posts

August 31st, 2020 21:00

Hi Sam, 

There are no other users logged in:

[root@cs0 /]# users
root

I am still unable to umount:

[root@cs0 /]# umount /celerra/upgrade
umount: /celerra/upgrade: device is busy
umount: /celerra/upgrade: device is busy

• 

7.1K Posts

September 1st, 2020 10:00

Hello shauntp,

You will need to call into support so that they can look into this and get it unmounted.  It should have worked with the steps provided, since it didn’t then we will need to look & see why it is not working.

No Events found!