Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2013 04:00

Tracking FAST VP Data move between storage tiers

Hi Team,

Is it possible to track FAST VP data movement between storage tiers on VNX device using SMI-S Provider?

I would like to get details about how much data moved up & when?

I referred Storage Tiering policy profile, not sure whether we can track these details using this profile. Could you please provide some insight on this?

Thanks,

Sami

6 Posts

October 28th, 2013 18:00

Could anyone please help me on this query?. Or could you please point me the right person to get it clarified this query?

6 Posts

October 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for the details. We are monitoring VNX devices through EMC SMI-S provider. We are looking to track the amount of data moved between tiers over the time using ECM SMI-S provider. Could you please let me know whether we can track these details from Storage Tiering profile or Automated Storage Tiering profile in EMC SMI-S provider?

Thanks & Regards,

Sami

30 Posts

October 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Samiduarai,

Are you just looking to track over time the amount of data moving between tiers?  or are you trying to determine a slice number?

The easiest way to track the promotions and demotions of slices is via the VNX monitoring and reporting suite.  It's a small charge on the older VNX models and now included on the new VNX models.  VNX M&R will track this information over time.  You can see the amount of data to be moved at the next relocation schedule within Unisphere.

Jeff.

April 24th, 2014 01:00

Hi Samiduarai,

Storage Relocation in VNX/VMAX for FAST VP is managed by the Storage Relocation Profile.

This profile defines three types of storage relocation operations defined in this profile: Storage Volume Relocation,

Logical Disk Relocation, Storage Pool Relocation.

Currently, this profile is not present in EMC SMI-S provider.

Regards,

No Events found!