Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 2nd, 2014 13:00

Trespassed Luns unable to change current ownner VNX 5300

We have a VNX 5300 and recently had an ISCSI module replaced. Shortly after we notice all traffic from our ESX Clusters was passing i/o only over sp b.  We have tried to rehome the Luns using the NaviSECCli.exe -h -user sysadmin -password sysadmin -scope 0 trespass mine command and through the unishpere GUI which reports success but the current own status remains associated with the wrong array.

One cluster of ESX host vshpere 5.1 connect via fiber channel and are using native round robin multipathing SW.  The other cluster ESX vshpere version 5.0 connect to the Luns using fixed native multipathing.  my understanding of the Vmwares decision to choose a path is controlled by the current owner status and is performed at reboot for fixed mode and RR during array initiated LUN trespassing.   So at this point we are unable to trespass the luns back to the default owner not sure how to change the current owner.  any help greatly appreciated!!

5 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 08:00

Update:  We were able to remove the ESX 5.0 hosts connecting via fixed multipathing from connecting to the LUNs and than we were able to trespass the LUNs back to their default owner.  The 5.1 round robin hosts are now connecting over the proper SP.

No Events found!