Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2011 10:00

Trouble starting Antivirus on VNXe3300

We purchased the Security and Compliance suite for our VNXe3300 and according to 'Manage Licenses', Anti-Virus Server Integration is installed.  We installed SEP 11.0.6 on our AV server (Server 2003 32bit), then CEE Framework 4.6.8 and CelerraCifsMgmt 4.2.0.12.  The EMC Celerra Management snap-in connects to my CIFS server, and I can configure my AntiVirus settings (masks, excl, addr...), but when I try to start Antivirus, nothing happens.  The EMC Cava service runs as the account I created and added to the AD group assgned the EMC Virus Checking permission.  By enabling 'Audit system events', i can see that my Cava user is successfully logging into the CIFS server, but that's all I can tell.

It took me a little while to realize server_viruschk didn't exist on the VNXe, so I have no idea how to check to see if anything is running properly.  How would I go about diagnosing this problem?

2 Posts

July 29th, 2011 11:00

After enabling the 'Audit system events', EMC Celerra Management now shows the AntiVirus is 'running'.  I'm not sure if this was a refresh issue on the MMC snap-in or if enabling the Audit Policy did something, but CAVA appears to be running.  Still, is there any other resource for checking the Antivirus?  Something similar to server_viruschk?

666 Posts

August 5th, 2011 04:00

I have moved thid thread to thr VNXe Support Forum to ensure your question gets to the right audience.

Regards,

Mark

22 Posts

August 5th, 2011 06:00

Please look for this to be implemented as a service script in a future release. It will relay the same information and stats that server_viruschk provides.

No Events found!