Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2016 09:00

Unified VNX: Unable to unexport a CIFS Share

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the VNX or Celerra section, but it is technically a Unified VNX and not a stand-alone Celerra.

The issue I am having is that I am unable to unexport a CIFS share.  Here is the output I get:

[nasadmin@EWRNJDC01SAN1-001-CSA nas]$ server_export NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 -unexport -perm -name REPO01

NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 :

Error 2: NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 : No such file or directory

Unshare error: Shares not unmounted

I get the same error using the Unisphere GUI, it's just easier to show the issue using the control station CLI.

I think this problem may have been caused by deleting the CIFS server before deleting the share, but I did re-create the CIFS server exactly as it was.  This didn't change the behavior of the above command.

Since I can't delete the share, I can't delete the VDM.  Since I can't delete the VDM, I can't delete the file system.  Since I can't delete the file system, I can't recover the storage capacity.  I really need to get this done.  Does anyone have any idea?  What further information can I provide?

I have several unified VNX-5300 units, some even have EMC support, but this one does not so I can't really open an SR for this.  Any community support would be welcome.

Here is some additional output from commands I've run that might answer some questions:

Listing current exports:

[nasadmin@EWRNJDC01SAN1-001-CSA nas]$ server_export NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1

NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 :

share "REPO01" "/NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1_01/REPO01" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 type=DFSRoot netbios=NAAS-CORE-FS01

Tried to re-export just to see what would happen:

[nasadmin@EWRNJDC01SAN1-001-CSA nas]$ server_export NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 -name "REPO01" "/NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1_01/REPO01"

NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 :

Error 22: NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 : Invalid argument

Share error: Sharename already used to declare netbios share

Just making sure the mountpoint for the share is really there:

[nasadmin@EWRNJDC01SAN1-001-CSA nas]$ server_mountpoint NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 -list

NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1 :

/.etc

/NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1_01

/NaaS_CoreBusiness_VDM1_01/REPO01

The one thing I can't do is mount the share on a real downstream server because of the way the networking is configured.  I have to (if at all possible) fix this from the VNX or Control Station.  Why can't I just force the Celerra to delete this share?

Thanks in advance!

No Responses!
No Events found!