Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

November 11th, 2016 05:00

Unisphere Analyzer

Hi all,

is Unisphere Analyzer an optinal software to buy for the VNX system or is it bundled with the hardware resp. FLER? If not can we buy it separtely or is it part of a software suite?

If we don't have Unisphere Analyzer installed is it true that I can run Statistic Logging but only for 2 days? I can not untick "Stop Automatically After" on a machine without Analyzer.

Does this also mean that I cannot gather data from a machine without Analyzer from the retreive section and therefore no MiTrend Analysis over a period more than 2 days?

On a machine with Analyzer I am able to untick "Stop Automatically After" and run it as long as I want also for Unisphere Central metrics, ture?

Thanks for your feedback

Cheers

8.6K Posts

November 11th, 2016 05:00

licensing for Analyzer has changed of the years and depends on which VNX model, which software suite/pack and when you bought it.

For VNX2 Analyzer is included in the UniSphere Suite which is part of each system at no extra cost.

For behaviour without Analyzer license please see the knowledgebase.

208 Posts

November 11th, 2016 06:00

Ah that is good to know. We do have an old VNX5100.

Cheers

8.6K Posts

November 11th, 2016 07:00

For VNX1 it was part of the FAST Suite and also orderable manually

208 Posts

November 16th, 2016 01:00

Hi Rainer

One last point....

If we don't have Unisphere Analyzer installed is it true that I can run Statistic Logging but only for 2 days? I can not untick "Stop Automatically After" on a machine without Analyzer.

We need to have this to be able to do MiTrend and Performance Metrics on Unisphere Central I guess am I right?

Thanks

208 Posts

November 16th, 2016 02:00

Thanks anyway Rainer.

Anyone else?

8.6K Posts

November 16th, 2016 02:00

I dont know - could be the case

No Events found!