Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 22nd, 2012 13:00

VNX 5300 Unable to find "Connectivity Status"

I feel as if i'm loosing my mind.  Just deployed a new VNX5300 with the latest:

http://monosnap.com/image/50353fe4e4b015e49cca0f77.png

When I right click on the array, connectivity status doesnt show up, nor is it showing up anywhere in the Navisphere UI?

http://monosnap.com/image/50354029e4b015e49cca0f79.png

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

April 5th, 2013 12:00

if you go to Hosts > Hosts List  ..click on the host, on the bottom click on Initiators tab ..select your HBA hit Connect

April 5th, 2013 14:00

hedmanmsn wrote:

It happens very often these days where a single host and a single path from that host end up the ~Management group, traditionally simply looking at connectivity status, and reconnecting that path worked.

Dynamox has already provided the steps to the original option in the GUI.  You mention that this happens often that you are having to reconnect?  I think that is the bigger concern here no?  Unless, for example, you are regularly replacing or adding HBA's or anything that may change the initiator record.

2 Intern

• 

467 Posts

April 6th, 2013 04:00

Don't tell our secrets!!!

Christopher Imes wrote:

While that specific ability has been removed, there always was an alternative (and more refined) way of doing the same.  To add newly registered paths after the host has been assigned to the storage group:

While in "Engineering Mode"

- Right-click on the Storage Group Name and select "Connect Hosts"

- From the "Hosts" tab you will now see an "Advanced" button (as a consequence of enabling Engineering Mode)

- Click the "Advanced" button, and you will see for each host (if there are more than one in the storage group they are separated by tabs) there are checkboxes next to each registered path; simply check any unassociated paths to update the host registration

Keep in mind, Engineering Mode never was meant to be secret.  It was implemented to remind the user they are making a conscious effort to bypass certain measures.

1 Message

April 8th, 2013 15:00

lots lots lots of customers complaining about this.

this is not good.

3 Posts

April 8th, 2013 15:00

Whoever came up with this at EMC, should have gathered some kind of agreement form from customers who use this feature and this is a BIG BUMMER!!!!

Why is messner/backupdoor engineering has to be used? because users from finance departments use it too?

This is RIDICULOUS!!!

is simply inconsiderate of EMC.

I just upgraded my VNX5500 to 5.32.000.5.201

My message to EMC as a valuable customer. Please fix this ASAP!!!

Dell where "is" you?

April 8th, 2013 16:00

techy777 wrote:

Whoever came up with this at EMC, should have gathered some kind of agreement form from customers who use this feature and this is a BIG BUMMER!!!!

Why is messner/backupdoor engineering has to be used? because users from finance departments use it too?

This is RIDICULOUS!!!

is simply inconsiderate of EMC.

I just upgraded my VNX5500 to 5.32.000.5.201

My message to EMC as a valuable customer. Please fix this ASAP!!!

Dell where "is" you?

So, just to clarify.  The engineering mode is just one of several options to reconnect paths.  Dynamox had already pointed out the location of the original "reconnect" option. As he correctly noted for the latest Unisphere:

"if you go to Hosts > Hosts List  ..click on the host, on the bottom click on Initiators tab ..select your HBA hit Connect"

Please verify if this is what you are referring to.  The feature is still there (and engineering mode is not required), or are you referring to something else?

April 8th, 2013 17:00

kamola wrote:

lots lots lots of customers complaining about this.

this is not good.

kamola,

If you are referring to the original "Reconnect" option, please refer to Dynamox's latest post or my reply to techy777 where I also quote him.  Engineering mode is just one alternative method.  The ability to do so is still in Unisphere without having to go into engineering mode as Dynamox noted:

"if you go to Hosts > Hosts List  ..click on the host, on the bottom click on Initiators tab ..select your HBA hit Connect"

Or are you referring to something else or maybe the updated layout?

8.6K Posts

April 9th, 2013 01:00

Like I said – Product Enhancement Request – the more the merrier

8.6K Posts

April 9th, 2013 01:00

Hi,

please take a moment to fill you a product enhancement request through Powerlink to let product management know.

It’s a simple form to fill out and only takes a few minutes at most.

Rainer

1 Message

June 1st, 2013 09:00

What about the requirement to "EDIT" or "MODIFY" a single or GROUP of initiators at a time.  One has to delete / recreate to simply modify a value.  Definitely a STEP backwards going to Unisphere from NaviMgr in this specific area.  Unless I'm missing it ...Don't see the group function obviously either like from NaviMgr.  Guess I'll be going the CLI route.  As needing to modify 96 Initiator records from CX/VNX to RecoverPoint Appliance.  Ideas ?????

Thanks....

No Events found!