Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2014 19:00

VNX - Add disks to a pool "Warning"

Hi,

I had to install and configure new DAEs into a VNX configuration at customer site, hardware is good and VNX sees the new drives.

However, when i try to add the new NL-SAS drives into the pool, i get a "Warning" that sais that the drives that i try to add are not the same type as those allready in the pool.

I have added other disk type into it without issue.

Anyone would have an idea why the array is sending those "Warning".  For now i haven't move forward and added the NL-SAS drive into the pool.

Thank you for the input you can give me about this,

Christian Carrier

77 Posts

Hy dynamox,

Yes the older and newer drives are the exact same capacity, i think it was 917,182Go.

Thank you,

Christian

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

Same capacity ?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

October 27th, 2014 20:00

different models right ? I had the same error message when i was expanding a pool full of 2TB NL-SAS drives with different model 2TB NL-SAS drives.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

October 28th, 2014 07:00

Christan,

i have not seen this with identical drive models, if i were you i would run it by support first. It's probably OK to ignore but there is no turning back once you add drives to a pool so i would validate with support.  Do let us know what they say.

77 Posts

October 28th, 2014 07:00

Hi dynamox,

No, it seem that the drives that i try to add to the pool are the same model as those in the pool.  Both are Seagate.

What will it do if i decide to add them even if i have the "Warning".

Thank you for your help,

Christan

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

October 28th, 2014 08:00

I called support and they told me it was ok to ignore the warning

77 Posts

October 28th, 2014 08:00

Dynamox,

What did you do when you got the "warning" and had different models of drives ?

I'm in work with support i'll let you know what support sais.

Thank you,

Christian

77 Posts

November 12th, 2014 08:00

Hi dynamox,

Sorry for the delay for the answer, but you were right, i contacted support and after they reviewed the SPCollects, they told me it was ok to add the drives to the pool.

Thank you for the help you provided me with this.

Christian Carrier

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 12th, 2014 08:00

Thank you Christian for getting back and letting us know how you got it resolved.

No Events found!