Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2015 08:00

VNX Block Alerting / Notification Template

Hello Everyone

Hopefully this document exists somewhere...  I'm searching for the best practices on configuring notification templates for alerting on VNX block.  Hopefully something that has defines alerts and associated event codes and the ones I can't live without.

Another question would be how to generate a report, that in a digestable format, will show what events generate an alert on the system.  I've recieved a request to present on what generates alerts on my system and short of screen shots I can't find a good way to pull this off.

Thanks Everyone!

4.5K Posts

May 6th, 2015 14:00

The Event codes can be found in some of the older versions of the release notes for Unisphere - below is a link for Unisphere for the VNX1 series. I was not able to find a similar set of release notes for the VNX2, but most of the codes should be the same. The standard monitoring template contains those alerts that engineering decided are the ones most needed. I believe there is a section on this in the Unisphere under Monitoring.

https://support.emc.com/docu48665_Unisphere_Release_Notes_1.2.27.1.0014.pdf?language=en_US

glen

4 Posts

May 7th, 2015 09:00

I appreciate the response!  Have a great week.

No Events found!