Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2012 17:00

VNX File, NDMP Strange Connection Can't find IP in Logs

Hello-

I have recently added an IP interface on a datamover and when I enabled it, in server_log server_2 it displays a LOT of NDMP failed connect attempts.  We think it is because of a recycled IP address but we don't know where the traffic is coming from because the 'server_log server_2' does not display the NDMP connection IP address.

Is there another log file I should be looking in to find this information?  Just want to track down what is trying to hit the datamovers to stop it.

Thank you,

Brian

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

April 24th, 2012 19:00

how often do you see these error messages ? You could run server_tcpdump to capture connections to port 10000. Unfortunately there is no way to specify specific port so be careful not to fill up the file system where you are saving the log to.

54 Posts

April 25th, 2012 04:00

Thanks dynamox.  Looks like it's polling every 15 minutes or so...  I thought about server_tcpdump, but like you said, I don't want to fill up the filesystem.  I think if I limit the capture to port 10000 I should be ok...probably only need a few moments of data to find out what IP the client who thinks the VNX is a NDMP server is...

Thanks!

No Events found!