Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2015 07:00

VNX M&R tool not working

Hi

When I am trying to test the connection in the VNX M&R tool for Block collecting Config, i get the error :

Naviseccli failed on '10.4.248.203', please check configuration; received error was « »

October 10th, 2017 12:00

To add a VNX OE for Block array, the VNX Monitoring and Reporting application runs a naviseccli command against the array. The syntax for this command is as follows:

naviseccli -h (host) -User (username) -Password (password) -Scope (scope) -Timeout 5 getagent

As indicated in the command syntax above, the VNX Monitoring and Reporting application has a specific time-out of 5 seconds for this command to run. When this timeout value is exceeded, the internal operation to add a new VNX OE for Block array will fail. The underlying cause of the command timeout can be delays introduced by network issues or by processing issues on the VNX array itself.

To add VNX array devices that take longer than 5 seconds (5000 milliseconds), you must change this to a value in milliseconds that will allow the operation to complete. To change the timeout value to 30 seconds (30000 milliseconds), do the following on the VNX Monitoring and Reporting or Watch4net system:

1.      Open the apg.properties file ( /opt/VNX/bin/apg.properties) in an appropriate editor.

2.      Add the following line to this file:  

apg.vnx.block.timeout=30000

3.      Restart the tomcat server by running the following command:

/opt/VNX/bin/./manage-modules service restart tomcat

The VNX collector used by VNX Monitoring and Reporting or Watch4net will now have the timeout value of 30 seconds to add an array. You can adjust this value as necessary.

195 Posts

September 24th, 2015 08:00

Troubleshooting advice:  I had this recently, and I decided to try a NAVISECCLI command from a command prompt.  That failed as well.  In my case, this condition was resolved by restarting management services, but I also tried updating the the CLI, and various other things.

The bottom line being that I had an issue with the array that was preventing NAVISECCLI from functioning, and not an issue with M&R.

2 Posts

September 7th, 2016 00:00

Run the below mentioned getagent command against the array IPaddress, sometimes you need to run on both the IPs if running only on SPA throws the same error, Save/apply changes in M&R tool and then do test connection.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EMC\Navisphere CLI>naviseccli -h -user sysad

min -password -scope 0 getagent

No Events found!