Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2014 10:00

VNX2 USM/Unisphere issues

Has anyone else had issues logging into VNX2s (specifically unified) after initializing them? After inputting username/password into the login prompt, of either USM or Unisphere, the dashboard never comes up. Both CS's are pingable and can be accessed via SSH. Power cycling both control stations seemed to fix the issue for one of the installs.

4.5K Posts

February 12th, 2014 14:00

Check which version of JAVA you're using. 1.7.25 is the highest supported version for Unisphere.

glen

2 Posts

February 12th, 2014 15:00

Thanks for the response Glen. I doubt it is the preferred method but I have found that downgrading to Java 6 Update 45 seems to work the most reliably for me.

105 Posts

February 12th, 2014 16:00

I've been running on 1.7.25 and it's been good.  Support recently told me to go to 1.7.17 for a extremely frustrating Unisphere UI issue (new Hosts don't show up until I close & restart Unisphere).

Ben

4.5K Posts

February 18th, 2014 12:00

Personally I only use 1.6.30 on Windows XP - as I go back and forth between a lot of different arrays in our lab (very old Navisphere to latest Unisphere) and have very few issues (other than IE8 issues with caching and java security with the older Navisphere). I've found that with all the different tools that I use on a daily basis, this has been the most stable for me.

I've been trying out Windows 7 and 1.6.30 and so far it's also been stable. I've found that increasing the runtime memory to Xmx1024 also seems to help a lot, especially when opening very large NAR files.

glen

No Events found!