Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 7th, 2015 14:00

VNX7600 - Auto Tiering policy (Custom)

Hi All

Just a dumb question. Is there a way i can customize auto tiering policy on a VNX7600 in a multitiered drives pools which contains SSD/SAS & NL-SAS spindles? for eg in a multitiered disks pool. Can i restrict a lun to only use SAS & NL-SAS drives. I am aware i can set 3 policies i.e. Highest tier which uses only SSD, Auto tier which uses all the three types of spindles, Lowest tier which uses only NL-SAS spindles or i can set to no data movement. I am trying a figure out a way which can allow me to make a lun utilize only SAS & NL-SAS drives.

Or is it something not possible on VNX2 systems?

regards

Firoz

8.6K Posts

May 7th, 2015 23:00

There is no custom policy like this

May 9th, 2015 11:00

Rainer is correct. There is no policy which matches your description. Only those policies listed in Unisphere are available for use in FAST. You can pin data to the highest tier, you can pin data to the lowest tier. But you can't pin data to the SAS tier and you can't pin data to more than one tier.

If you want to be able to have some LUNs only use SAS and NL-SAS drives you will need to have a separate pool that contains only SAS and NL-SAS drives.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

May 9th, 2015 20:00

or use classic flare LUNs

100 Posts

May 10th, 2015 09:00

Absolutely

4.5K Posts

May 11th, 2015 09:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

12 Posts

June 10th, 2015 02:00

Hi

A dumb question....how can I mark this discussion as answered? I cant find anyway to mark it

12 Posts

June 10th, 2015 02:00

thanks all.

1.2K Posts

June 10th, 2015 07:00

You can pick one of the responses from dynamox or Rainer as "Correct", and that will mark is as Answered.

Thanks!

12 Posts

June 10th, 2015 08:00

Capture.JPG.jpg

Hi Karl

I don't see the ''correct'' answer button anywhere. Please see the snapshot attached

No Events found!