Start a Conversation

Unsolved

5 Posts

December 4th, 2018 03:00

VNXE 3100 - Unsafe to remove SP

Hi all,

I have a VNXE 3100 with a failed SP SSD.  We have a replacement drive and the SP in question is currently sitting in Service Mode.  However, in the instructions it states not to remove the SP if the "Unsafe to remove SP" LED is on. 

How can I get this light to go off?  I've tried restarting the failed SP but the light still remains on when it boots.

We don't have any data on the VNXE now as we have migrated to another SAN.  Will it be just as safe to shutdown the entire chassis and replace the failing SP SSD, or does it have to be done when the chassis is on and SP in service mode?

Cheers

• 

7.1K Posts

December 5th, 2018 11:00

Hello hybriduk,

Here  is a link to the steps that is needed to be done when replacing an SSD on one SP in your VNXe 3100. https://support.emc.com/docu31515_VNXe3100-VNXe3150-Replacing-a-Solid-State-Disk-(SSD).pdf?language=en_US

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

5 Posts

December 5th, 2018 13:00

Hi Sam,

I have already followed the guide and the SP with the failed SSD is already in service mode.  The LED is still lit with a bright white light.

Please advise.

5 Posts

December 10th, 2018 08:00

It's listed as having a failed, SSD drive, yes. 

Basically I need to replace the SSD drive in the faulting SP but even though the faulting SP is in Service Mode, the 'Unsafe to remove SP' LED is on solid.

• 

7.1K Posts

December 10th, 2018 08:00

Hello hybriduk,

When you rebooted the SP and logged in to Unisphere is the SP listed as faulted?

Please let us know if you have any other questions

No Events found!