Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2011 12:00

VNXe3100 NFS Shares to Mac only available as Read Only

I am working with client to create NFS shares on the VNXe3100 and export them out to Mac clients.  I able to create the shares and export them in the Unisphere GUI.  Host Access has been created for the Subnet at the network level.  The shares can be mounted both via command line, GUI and Disk Utility.  From the command line logged in at ROOT I am able to create directorys and files.  But from the GUI you are not able to modify/create anything.  How does one go about modifying the permissions on the share so the Mac client can modify/create.

57 Posts

October 28th, 2011 05:00

Hi mfreisinger,

I did not understand your question quit well but this is want I understood from the test.

You care trying to modify the permission of the NFS share from the

You can only assign the permission to the Clients from the GUI. You cannot perform the Folder and file level permission from GUI.

From example:

You can tell if client X.X.X.X can access to the share with the following permission or not.

But you cannot tell the client X.X.X.X to deny access to the File A and B this you have to set from the client.

Thanks
Rohan Raj

22 Posts

October 28th, 2011 09:00

Hi mfreisinger,

When accessing the share via the GUI on a Mac, are you accessing that share as root? For NFS, only the root user can create files or directories at the top level of the Shared Folder. This is by design, and can't be changed. Generally someone will log in as root and create a subdirectory structure, and apply permissions to those subdirectories so that non-root users can use them.

Tyler

No Events found!