Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2017 08:00

VNXe3100 SP B Status: unknown after failed software upgrade

I attempted an software upgrade from 2.2.017384 to 2.4.4.22638, the upgrade failed at 55%.  Restarting the upgrade fails. Now SP B is unable to start. The Trouble light is indicating a intermittent Blue. That indicates a SP Fault Driver and application startup.  I am also unable to execute the Reimage, Reboot, or Enter into service mode through EMC Unisphere.

I'm wondering if there is a simple way of resetting a storage processor? I have powered, cycled, pulled battery in SP to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your input.

18 Posts

May 15th, 2017 06:00

Log a DELL EMC Service Request (SR#) to engage the VNXe Support team, to assist you with your issue...

https://support.emc.com

2 Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

Thank you for the reply. But this unit is not under any service contract so I am trying to see if I can resolve this on my own. I looked KB445248  I re-seated the ram as suggested but did not help.

18 Posts

May 18th, 2017 02:00

The array really needs expert DELL EMC VNXe Services support intervention (from the current status described).

DELL EMC Support Services offer additional ad-hoc basis, 'Time & Materials' service support, if the previous service contract has expired. Contact DELL EMC for more information.

No Events found!