Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2011 08:00

Why can't we configure eth2 and eth10 for link aggregation?

I'm with a customer and configuring link aggregation on a VNXe3300.

we wants to combine eth2 on one card with eth10 on another but we are prevented from doing this in GUI and command line.

Is there a technical reason for this?

Also we would like to combine eth4 and eth5 or any other combination of ports but it seems you can only create link aggreagation ports when combined with eth2 or with eth10.

Smarti

138 Posts

November 10th, 2011 09:00

You cannot choose the interfaces the way you explained. That is by design, due to internal failsafe network setup. On base ports all link aggregations should include eth2 port and in case of IO module it must include eth10.

48 Posts

November 10th, 2011 08:00

another nice feature would be to make more then 2 bond's of interfaces.

214 Posts

November 12th, 2011 11:00

Hi Dinesh KR,

I know you can't combine the ports as the customer would like but I can't see why this can't be implemented inb the VNXe.

You say it's by design but can the deisgn not be changed to allow this.

It seems the design is too restrictive and doesn't make good use of the available ports eg. To aggregate 2 ports for iscsi, 2 for NFS and 2 for CIFs and 2 for replication traffic split over two cards.

Smarti

138 Posts

November 14th, 2011 07:00

If you have trouble accessing the link, you can logon to Powerlink and click on Resources and in the dropdown menu select "Product Enhancements Requests" > Submit a Product Enhancement request.  I will be directed to a team which handles this kind of requests for VNXe.

214 Posts

I will put in an enhancement request but hopefully someone from the VNXe engineering group reads these forums and can sort this out.

Your link must be EMC internal as I get access violation.

Can you give the tab in powerlink where this is supposed to be. EG. Support->etc....

138 Posts

Hi Smarti,

I completely understand your point. I don't know the exact reason for this restriction in place. However, you can always submit an enhancement request to this product anytime in Powerlink.  Here is the link for your convenience. http://powerlink.emc.com/km/appmanager/km/secureDesktop?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=formsPgSecureContentBk&internalId=0b014066800f91b5&_irrt=true

214 Posts

November 14th, 2011 08:00

Sorry don't see Resources.

But have found this link.

Home > Support > Request Support > Request a Product Enhancement

138 Posts

November 14th, 2011 08:00

My sincere apologies. I was looking at internal link when I suggested the options. Yes, the one you provided can be used for submitting Enhancement request.

No Events found!