Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2014 13:00

how to check the disk faults status in VNX 2 Arrays

Hi,

I would like to know, how to list the faulted disks in VNX 2 Arrays. We have 3 drives faulted on the VNX 8000 Array, when I use the command,

naviseccli -h 10.10.10.10 faults -list

I dont see any drives are faulted, but we get a email from EMC that 3 drives are faulted. We have enabled permanent sparing on the Pools.

Thanks

Madhusudan

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 21st, 2014 15:00

do you see any faults in Unisphere ?

August 21st, 2014 15:00

According to the naviseccli documentation for the "faults -list" command, if a disk is faulted it should show up in the command output listing...

You can also try naviseccli "backendbus -analyze" command with the required IP address and authentication related information, to see if any further insight into the problem is revealed...

i.e. "naviseccli -h 1.2.3.4 -user username -password password -scope 0 backendbus -analyze"

If you are familiar with the Unisphere Service Manager (USM) GUI based utility, which can be downloaded from https://support.emc.com, you can use USM to confirm failed disks in the array and facilitate their required replacment...

You can also create and download the current array state report to further debug your situation...

Also, in regard to your statement "we have enabled permanent sparing on the Pools"... I'm a bit confused because permanent sparing is automatic on a VNX2 array...

No Events found!