Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2013 06:00

how to expand data store volume size in VNXe

Hi All,

Could you please let me know how to expand data store volume size in VNXe ? if possible,please share the good document for VNXe...

With Regards,

KK

138 Posts

May 2nd, 2013 04:00

You can increase the size in GUI.

1. Click Storage and select any type of storage (Exchange / VMware/Shared Folder/Generic iSCSI/Hyper-V).
  2. Then select the storage you want to increase the size and click details button.
  3. Follow these methods for different type of storages:

Microsoft Exchange - Go to the details of Exchange storage, select the Mailbox Database click details >> you will two LUNs (one for mailbox and another for log), select the one you want and click details >>> Click on Virtual Disk Capacity tab and you have an option to change size.

Shared Folder - Go to the details of shared folder storage and click on 'Shared Folder Capacity'. In this tab you have an option to increase the size in 'size' field.

VMware - NFS/VMFS - Go to the details of storage and click on Datastore Capacity tab. You have an option to change size

Generic iSCSI - Go to the details of the storage and click on Virtual Disks tab. Select the datastore and click details again. In the Virtual Disk Capacity you have an option to change size.

Microsoft Hyper-V - Go to the details of the storage and click on Datastore Capacity tab. You have an option to change size.

You can find all VNXe related documents in Online Support website - https://support.emc.com

datastore-size.jpg

April 28th, 2020 04:00

Hello @DynaDin,

I know I am referencing an old post... but I hope it doesn't matter.

I have to increase the size for a VMware - NFS/VMFS Datastore.

My question is: does this procedure have any risk for the normal operation of a system in production?

Thank you for your help

• 

7.1K Posts

April 28th, 2020 14:00

Hello CommunityCaller,

You can expand the data store while it is in production.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

April 29th, 2020 00:00

Okay! Thank you for the clarification and the quick answer.

Greetings

No Events found!