Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AH

November 24th, 2014 09:00

nas_db content in VNX control station

Hello

I'm wondering what the nas_db on the control station contains, the one that gets backed up periodically.

The nas configuration is supposed to be in the vault disks so what does this DB contains?

Thanks,

• 

285 Posts

The NAS_DB is the set of configuration files that configure the Data Movers during boot.  They also contain the configuration for volumes, filesystems, and LUNs.

The files are stored on the /nbsnas partition, which is mounted over NBS (Network Block Services) presented by the Data Movers.  So the filesystem itself is built on LUNs served by the Data Movers from the backend vault (system) disks.

I strongly caution you not to edit any files in the /nas or /nbsnas directory without express direction from EMC.  You can damage the NAS_DB and potentially lose access to filesystems.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

VNX back-end configuration is on the vault drives, nas_db contains information about file systems, volumes, shares ..etc.

8.6K Posts

November 24th, 2014 10:00

EMC customer service can use the NASDB backup to reconstruct the file side config – its not a simple restore that a customer can do

November 24th, 2014 10:00

so the nas configuration on the vault disks is backed up on the control station so if it is corrupted i can restore them.

and in case we lost the control station we only lose the backed up db but the original db is stored on the control LUNs.

Is that right?

No Events found!