Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2017 02:00

power off vnx 5200 block

hello every body, when i power off vnx 5200 according to instruction ( in the unisphere environment) after 5 minute LED of SP Fault and SP Unsafe to remove and SP Power are off. but LED of DPE Power and DPE Fault are on and the fans of systems are still working.

the question is what can i do?

can i unplug the power wires when fans are working? is it happen for all or NOT ?

thank you for your reply.

2 Intern

• 

141 Posts

January 25th, 2017 06:00

Hi,

that status you have is normal when you shut down the VNX properly. If you go to mydocs.emc.com you can generate your own PDF on how to perform common procedures for the VNX, including power up and power down procedures. About 5 minutes after issuing the shut down command, the LEDs on the DPE should have the following status:

DPE Fault LED - ON (Amber)

DPE Power LED - ON (Blue)

SP Fault LED - OFF

Unsafe to remove LED - OFF

SP Power LED - OFF

SP Fan pack Fault LED - ON

And the fans are still spinning (at full speed, if I remember correctly the last time I performed a shut down)

If you have this state, then you can safely unplug the power cords from the DPE. The system does not power itself off automatically.

Regards,

Stephen

5 Posts

January 21st, 2017 08:00

there is no one to answer this question?

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 03:00

Run a fresh set of SP Collects and see where it's at. Or alternatively log an SR.

8.6K Posts

January 23rd, 2017 03:00

MousaMo wrote:

there is no one to answer this question?

please understand that this here is a community forum

If you need a sure answer you need to engage customer Service via an SR or support chat.

5 Posts

January 24th, 2017 06:00

Run a fresh set of SP Collects and see where it's at. Or alternatively log an SR.

thank you Brett for your reply but can you give me more detail about running a fresh set of SP and log an SR?

5 Posts

January 24th, 2017 06:00

please understand that this here is a community forum

Yes of course, i understand this is a Community forum but i think there is no reason for discomfort if you don't know the answer of my question.

5 Posts

January 26th, 2017 23:00

Hello StephenKebbell

that's it, thank you very much.

thanks again.

No Events found!