Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 12th, 2014 23:00

vnx5100 DAE power Supplies " Bus 0 Enclosure 1 Power A State not supported "

based on the following Pic, Power A in DAE in not supported by vnx5100 !

DAE is Feed by UPS and Pool created on this DAE is working well. I can see Disks on it create lun and so on

But I want to upgrade vnx5100 OE . in the progress of software installation because of this fault i'm not able to Proceed.

before anymore action i'm forced to resolve this issue first.

can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

PIC.JPG.jpg

14 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 22:00

Dear All,

Thanks for supporting me.

I finaly disconnect the DAE ( because of the error I mentioned above ). with this action errors disappeared from Unisphere.

then I upgrade OE, after that I connect the DAE there were no errors! I create Pool and Luns attach them to storage group.

May 21st, 2014 06:00

Hi,

You may restart management server and check the status.

Note: This procedure  must be performed on both Storage Processors to be effective!

1. Open a new browser window.
  2. Type in the address bar:
    http: // xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/setup
    Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the Storage Processor (SP).
  3. When the screen has loaded, type in the Username and Password used to access Navisphere/Unisphere setup page (UI).
  4. Once logged in, click the "Restart Management Server" button.
  5. Once the page has loaded, click the "Yes" option, and then click "Submit."

Note: Some of these symptoms might be resolved by performing this procedure. However, if this procedure does not work, additional troubleshooting may be needed. If you contact EMC Support or your support representative, note any changes that have been made to the environment prior to opening a case

53 Posts

May 22nd, 2014 18:00

If restarting management server still same symptom, I think the OE not detecting power source by UPS correctly. You have better to ask EMC Support if can skip rulecheck to force upgrade firstly.

4.5K Posts

May 29th, 2014 10:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

4.5K Posts

May 30th, 2014 07:00

I'd recommend that you open a Service Request with EMC. That's a condition that I've not seen and really don't understand the error reported. Gather new spcollects, open the case and attach the spcollects to the case.

glen

14 Posts

May 30th, 2014 07:00

dear all,

DAE power supply is provided from UPS.

I can see Disks, can Create Pool or RG, even LUN from It to add in Storage Group. everything considered is ok!

this error causes I'm not allowed to upgrade OE . while SUM is checking system before upgrade, I'm prompted to resolve this issue first for next action. ANY help

Thanks.

BR

14 Posts

June 8th, 2014 09:00

hi dears,

I waned to upgrade OE of a vnx 5100 . pre-upgrade checks failed because of the error shown above. I can not upgrade OE because of the " bus 0 enclosure 1 power a not supported "

there is no help really ? !

4.5K Posts

June 9th, 2014 07:00

As I stated above, we have not seen this issue before. Please contact EMC support (support.emc.com) and open a service request. When you open the case, please attach to the case the spcollects and the screen captures that you have showing this issue.

glen

June 17th, 2014 02:00

Did you check the firmware compatibility ? Just consider that too.

June 22nd, 2014 23:00

Wow, Great, finally you got the resolution....

14 Posts

June 23rd, 2014 22:00

Dear Rakesh,

I think it's not resolution I got the chance my customer leted me to down EMC VNX storage.

then I did whatever was possible! .

4.5K Posts

June 24th, 2014 10:00

Please mark your answer as Answered and point to your solution - this will help others that might face a similar issue.

glen

14 Posts

July 12th, 2014 05:00

hi Dears;

how to make answer as answered

Thanks.

July 13th, 2014 22:00

It will be visible to you on your first post you posted....select it and the correct answer given by an Engineer while following the post, and you are done.

Thnx

Rakesh

No Events found!