Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 24th, 2021 07:00

vnxe 3200 empty upload window

Hi,

I forgot to upgrade my vnxe 3200 os before flash support ended. Now I'm trying to upgrade it through RPClassicUI. The software sucessfully reached the server, but when I click to the "Upload Candidate version" Only an empty windows showed whitout any Browse button or anything.

Any suggestions what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

BR

Gabor

March 2nd, 2021 03:00

Hi,

Yes I've foloowed the steps in this article, and that was the point when I've stucked and open this topic

And now comes the most interesting part of all our story. (If I may say that it is our story now )

This article helped:

VNX1/VNX2: How to install VNX Launcher that has embedded java and Firefox (User Correctable) | Dell US

I was right, during the whole Time. The problem was java based too, not just flash. I've laso tried to install a portable Firefox before to solve the problem, but it doesn't worked for me... The solution in the article is what I've tried, but it also changes some java settings too... Now I'll be able to upload the os, and upgrade it...

Thank you very very uch for your help and Time. I hope maybe this forum entry also helps to others as well...

BR

Gabor

• 

7.1K Posts

February 24th, 2021 16:00

Hello Gabor,

What is your current OE version & which version are you trying to upgrade to?

February 24th, 2021 22:00

Hi,

current version / my problem see below...

vnxeerror.png

I'm trying to upgrade to the 3.1.12.10186894

Thanks a lot!

BR

Gabor

• 

7.1K Posts

February 25th, 2021 10:00

Hello Gabor,

If you hit the Preform Health Check are there any errors that are listed?   Do you already have the OE downloaded or are you trying to obtain the download?

February 25th, 2021 23:00

Hi,

yes've done the health check, and it hasn't fount any error...

any yes again I've downloaded the new OS. I've tried to upload it with the Upload Candidate version.

My problem is, when I hit this button I recieve this empty window without browse or any other possibility to upload the file...

Download it at the moment is not a possibility because the server is blocked by proxy, and the proxy is managed by my colleagues. (I'm working at an international firm... I can ask them to allow the server out, but it will be easier for me just to upload the new os...)

Thanks!

BR

Gabor

• 

7.1K Posts

February 26th, 2021 10:00

Hello Gabor,

Have you tried using a different browser to access unisphere to see if you are getting the same?

March 1st, 2021 05:00

Hi,

I've installed a portble Firefox too, and also "installed" older adobe flash, the result is the same.

However(!) as I've said I do not use a browser to connect to the server. I use the app which was provided by Dell called RPClassicUI, and it should work in cases like this too. Also it is very interesting, that I can login into the server, I just cannot upload the OS file itself... Maybe it is not a flash related issue at all? I'm suspecting that maybe it's java related... (although java is enabled in my browser, and also installed so this is just a guessing...)

Thanks!

BR

Gabor

• 

7.1K Posts

March 1st, 2021 09:00

Hello Gabor,

Since you are using RPclassicUI have you done the steps in this KB. https://dell.to/3bW0dzs

No Events found!