Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2011 13:00

Member Introductions: Break the Ice!

Introduce yourself to the VPLEX Community !

Go ahead, and break the ice!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Just copy the 3 questions below, click Reply at this end of  this message, paste the questions, answer them, and click Post Message.

1. What will make this community most useful to you?

2. What  do you like best about your day job?

3. When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 24th, 2012 06:00

This community will become most valuable customers and technical end users start learning from each other's experiences and for that results of learning cycle to feed into VPLEX development process.

The best part of my job is getting to interact with customers, partners and field sales teams and to deliver the feedback from those conversations back to the development teams to ensure that VPLEX is keeping a finger on the pulse of what our customers need.

3. When you're not working, what are you most likely to be doing?

You're mostly likely to find me outside with my boys biking, hiking, skiing, kayaking or just goofing around.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 24th, 2012 18:00

I hope to hear much unfiltered, real voice of VPLEX customers via this community. Like to see many quick surveys being conducted here in VPLEX Community!

2. What do you like best about your day job?

Showing customers the true value of adopting EMC solutions integrated with customer's applications.

Playing with two young kids. They keep me busier than my work does! ;-)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 7th, 2012 10:00

• Well, I am from part of VPLEX engg team. Just want to stay connected with the other folks
    • Already answered. I am from VPLEX Engg team.
    • Well, I play guitar and music is the thing, apart from that, I read a lot..

4 Posts

February 28th, 2012 03:00

Well, VPLEX is a new technology in the EMC world and for people to share their experiences of this product will be most useful.

1. What do you like best about your day job?

Looking at new and emerging technology and considering the application to our customers environments.

1. When you're not working, what are you most likely to be doing?

Spending time with my children and on the golf course!

8 Posts

April 23rd, 2012 00:00

As i am supporting Vplex for my customer, its just help me to get any latest updates

looking at the latest technologies..

with family and friends... nothing else in the life..searching for something new...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2012 11:00

Hearing from people who are using and implementing VPLEX and applying that knowledge to my customers
       Learning about newest technologies and their various integration points.

Relaxing with family and friends

10 Posts

December 17th, 2012 10:00

Using vplex and EMC technologicies everyday, its just help to keep me uptodate

looking at the latest technologies..

with family and friends... having a bud....

January 29th, 2013 20:00

Sharing in the experiences of others using VPLEX, or developing it. Also being able to contribute to this community as a very proud and satisfied customer of VPLEX Metro. Implemented it in Novemeber last year. VS2 Hardware
    Imagining the future and then implementing it. 

Spending time with my family and watching Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit

28 Posts

May 7th, 2014 10:00

1. The uninhibited communication of  VPlex information with participants asking questions.... participating and engaging  with the members of the group.
    1. Being able to stay busy and having resources to find answers to the questions that arise day to day.
    1. Car repair, gardening, movies, relaxing with my large family.  I work to live not vice versa.

278 Posts

May 16th, 2014 07:00

VPLEX is a product that represents the future of data storage of the private cloud. As an EMC employee i am happy to support and implement EMC VPLEX making the Virtual Storage a reality with its ability to federate information across multiple data centers. Enables new approaches for delivering IT as a flexible, efficient and reliable Service.

So i believe that participating in this community it will be a great pleasure for me to share my experiences and my knowledge with everyone.

2.     What  do you like best about your day job?

Working for EMC makes me very happy since EMC is top notch at what is doing.

3.     When you're not working,  what are you most likely to be doing?

I am trying to have W/L balance, relaxing with my friends, trying to enjoy my life.  As T-Bobk said I work to live not vice versa.

89 Posts

May 16th, 2014 11:00

As a VPLEX Performance Engineer, I am very interested in hearing what the broader community feels about VPLEX as a whole, how they feel it performs, how it can do better, what technical questions folks have, and what we can do to make the product better in all aspects - perform faster, monitor better, and provision/manage easier.

I enjoy troubleshooting complex VPLEX performance problems, working on new monitoring and performance enhancement features for the product, developing tools to aid in my work, creating documentation that helps in all things performance related, interacting with all of the various groups within EMC, and most importantly of all, helping our customers succeed.

Spending time with my growing family, watching and playing hockey - Go Oilers! - It's been tough though :-(, camping and biking in the summer, playing a variety of sports, tv/movies, reading, and following all things tech.

Gary

Twitter:  @GaryOikawa

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2014 23:00

Hi,Folks,

Hope you are all doing great, I am in need of  VPLEX  roadmap. Would you guys mind sharing it to me in case if someone has.

Thanks!

No Events found!