Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2016 13:00

VPLEX Metro Expel and Reconfigure Cluster-2 with new VS2

Hello,

Looking for some guidance from EMC on whether the following plan is viable (documented) and supported (change control, etc). This plan involves breaking up an existing VPLEX Metro between 2 sites, and then reconfiguring a net-new VS2 cluster as cluster-2 at a third new site to essentially rebuild the VPLEX Metro (copy certs, VPN, etc). A forklift of the existing Cluster-2 to handle the move is not possible, so that is where the new addition of a new VS2 comes into play.

From a high-level, I am looking to confirm this is a supported scenario. There are some Solve documents that allow for a conversion of existing clusters or adding a new VS2 to a VPLEX Local, but I haven’t seen anything that details the breakdown and then rebuild using new clusters. Can someone from EMC comment on the supportability of this please?

Thanks!

-Keith

2 Posts

August 29th, 2016 12:00

Hello Keith:

My recommendation is opening a case (SRM) to EMC, they have to access "VPLEX SolVe Generator" to define steps to replace a VPLEX cluster. However will consider the following steps:

- Validation the enviroment VPLEX (FrontEnd port, SAN Fabric, Connectivity, etc)

- Validation VPLEX software release.

- Cable and power up the replacement cluster.

- Run VPLEX Cluster Replacement wizard. (Follow assistent...)

- Install the replacemente cluster hardware.

No Events found!