Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

April 9th, 2015 04:00

VSPEX Blue Manager not started

Hi,

I just installed a VSPEX Blue system as a test. Setting it up following the 5 Steps was fairly easy. I started using the VSPEX blue and used the link at the "Hooray"-Page

https://IP-Address:7443

Everything looked fine for about 5 minutes when i suddenly was not able to connect to the vcenter IP-address anymore - ping was not working too. After checking cables i tried to ping the esxi hosts, vcenter, insight log and vspex solutions manager ip-addresses and was only successfull when pinging the esxi hosts themselves.

So i decided to start a vsphere client and discovered that all virtual maschines were shut down. I started vcenter vm, insight log vm and tried to start the vspex blue manager vm.

Afterwards i was able to connect tothe vcenter server, and even evo:rail was available again. But the VSPEX blue manager is not running and cannot be started. My VSPEX blue is in a critical state at the moment and i do not have the autentification information to log into the vspex manager vm. I tried the user admin and root with the passwords that i did set up in the beginning.

How can i start the vspex blue manager again up and running? How can i do a factory reset and start everything with a new try?

Regards,

Patric

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

Hi Conor,

at the moment I have several errors in the system.

First: I am runningf in testmode because i cannot find the serial number on the appliance to activate the license key.

Second:The first EXI Hosts does not connec tto the HA CLuster and I am getting a vsan error

Third: The VSPEX Blue Manager VM is not startin up because there is a missing vmdk on the VSAN Path

Is there an option to restart the complete installation process from the "Hello.My Name is EVO-RAIL" Screen?

341 Posts

Hi Patric,

Can you give us some more information regarding the Blue Manager VM not starting?

- Does it Power-Up?

- Does it give any warning or error messages when you attempt to manually start it?

- If it is powering on, are there any errors on the console?

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

April 9th, 2015 05:00

I tried to fix it myself and did the following:

Delted the VSPEX blue manager from the inventory

PowerOff (hard) all nodes

PowerOn Node 1 to Node 4

Waiting for ESX Host #1 to come up

loaded the VSPEX blue manager from the inventory

uesed vSphere Webclient to manual start the vCenter Appliance

started the VSPEX blue manager

I have troubles that the hosts cannot communicate to each users in the HA cluster with active vsan - i think this is not a vspex blue specific problem

341 Posts

April 9th, 2015 06:00

Hi Patric,

From what you have described it sounds like the issue is with VSAN. The quickest fix in this case would be, as you have said, to reset the appliance back to factory default.

This operation will obviously delete all VM's, removes and recreates the VSAN disk groups, and redeploy the vCenter, Log Insight and VBM virtual machines. Since this is a destructive operation you should open a ticket with Tech support and they will provide the script and guide you through the reset procedure.

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

April 9th, 2015 06:00

Hi Conor,

I did cusotmize the settings and missed the option to set the VLAN IDs (for VSAN and vMotion) to FLAT (0) - I did change that in vcenter and the VSAN and HA Cluster is working.

The VSPEX Blue Manager VM started up - but has no IP-address. As far as i can see - the manager vm should get the IP using DHCP but that is not configured at the moment (demo network with just one switch)

Do you know if can set up a static address or should this be configured by default? I am missing the Appliance for the VSPEX Solutions which should be located at 192.168.10.202. or is the VSPEX Blue Manager VM this appliance?

Regards

Patric

341 Posts

April 9th, 2015 07:00

As part of the GUI install it prompts you for the IP address for the "VSPEX solution" - this is the IP that the VSPEX BLUE manager VM should get. Do you remember providing the IP for the VSPEX Solution as part of the installation?

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

April 9th, 2015 07:00

Yes I provided the address: 192.168.10.202

But  the VSPEX Blue Manager VM is set to dhcp 2015-04-09 11_25_50-VMware_ EVO_RAIL.jpg

341 Posts

April 9th, 2015 08:00

Support should be able to SSH into the VSPEX BLUE VM and manually set a static IP on the appliance. I see there is a ticket raised for the issues you are having I will follow-up with the case owner and we will get you up and running!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 10th, 2015 16:00

Patric,

Connor is giving you good information, but let me answer one question you had about the location of the PSNT (Product Serial Number Tag) for VSPEX BLUE. It is located on the back of the swing out power switch. It looks like this:VSPEX BLUE PSNT.jpg

No Events found!