Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 25th, 2015 05:00

How TechRefresh is managed and migrated using ViPR and Vplex. Techrefresh include Change in Fabric. Hosts include Boot From SAN

Dear Experts,

We are implementing ViPR for the first time.

Project is Techrefresh

Existing environment(shown in Yellow), consist of

1. CX4
  2. Brocade switched
  3. RecoverPoint
  4. Hosts of type
    1. MSCS cluster
    2. ESX servers with boot from SAN
    3. Oracle Virtual Machine

New Environment (shown in Green) supplied with

1. VNX2
  2. Cisco Switches
  3. RecoverPoint
  4. Vplex
  5. ViPR

Here we need to migrate existing environment to New environment and we want to make most of the use of ViPR and Vplex

Here I have certain query

What I read that we can use “change virtual Pool” Data mobility to migrate data from old storage to new storage using Vplex

Here in my environment since we have two different fabric, so after performing “Change Virtual Pool” LUNs will get migrated to New Storage whereas Hosts will remain connected to Old Brocade Fabric accessing VPLEX FE set 1 ports.

Later we need to move these hosts to Cisco Fabric, where we have VPLEX FE set 2 ports. So here

Q1:- How the Zoning and Storage View in VPLEX will be managed.

Since initially HBA1 & HBA2 was accessing VPLEX FE1,FE2,FE3 and FE4 via Brocade switches and same information was there in Storage View and later once we move environment to Cisco Fabric there we will be having HBA1 and HBA2 and VPLEX FE5,FE6,FE7 and FE8.

Q2:- In MSCS environment using VPLEX can Qourum will be smoothly managed or we need to take some special care

Q3:- ESX is boot from SAN (UCS). Here also how Boot LUN will be Migrated as in case of ESX we need to create seperate storage group for each ESX server, Boot LUN should be HLU#0.

1 Attachment

No Responses!
No Events found!