Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2017 12:00

How to manage the luns that are deployed prior to ViPR deployment using ViPR Controller..

Hi

How to manage the luns , that are provisioned prior to ViPR deployment?

I have vCenter 6.0 and ViPR 3.X integrated with XIO, VMax3 and VNX.  Prior to ViPR 3.x deployment, i have few data-stores already presented from XIO, VMax3 and VNX to esxi hosts managed by vCenter 6.0. After deploying ViPR 3.x, i am unable to manage the existing datastore already utilizing by esxi hosts in vCenter using ViPR controller.

1:- How to manage the luns that are presented prior to ViPR deployment using ViPR Control?

2:- How to migrate the luns from XIO and VMax3 or viceversa using ViPR controller?

Please share me the steps/procedure. Thank you in-advance for your time and support.

38 Posts

March 30th, 2017 01:00

Hi,

1- This is achievable with ingestion ; there is a complete PDF guide (http://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu79620.pdf) referenced here ViPR Controller 3.5 Product Documentation Index

2- VIPR is not a tool to migrate data ; it can only perform VPLEX migrations, it does not do any Host-level migrations. But you can create new volumes on both arrays and export it to your hosts using VIPR; then up to you to migrate data to those new volumes.

No Events found!