Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2014 14:00

Installing ViPR - Reload Nodes

I am wondering if anybody else has run into issues regarding installing ViPR. In particular, once I load up the OVF (in both cases I tried the 2+1 and the trial 1+0) and input new passwords, DNS, NTP, etc I do not seem to get the System Maintenance screen to 'come back'

The Virtual Appliance Status remains 'Unknown' and no refreshes occur on the browser.

Normally, I would just refresh the brower, repoint back to the VIP and relogin. The problem is that it doesn't seem to respond, sometimes taking several minutes to pop up the link.

Not sure if something is up with the nginx services (though restarting that doesn't help and renders the https site unresponsive).

I may need to call support, but check to see if anybody has seen anything related to browser management latency and unresponsiveness.

Thanks!

6 Posts

July 12th, 2014 09:00

Okay, so the fix is to add the vipr DNS entries and virtual IP DNS entry into the /etc/hosts file for each controller.

1) Modify the /etc/hosts file:

vi /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx vipr1

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx vipr2

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx vipr3

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

save the configuration.

In my case, I'm just using the (1+0) lab vApp so I just changed one. Viola, it works fast and efficient.

If you have multiple VMs (1+2) or (2+3) then you need to edit each hosts file on each VM. Should work right away, if not try rebooting the controllers.

Thanks,

Joshua Haynes

12 Posts

July 11th, 2014 02:00

Hi Haynesj,

Yes I am seeing exactly the same issue as you on the trial 1+0, I was going to try 2+1 but don'e have a test key, but sounds like i'll probably hit the same issue.

Perhaps i'll raise a case too.

If you find out the fix please let me know, If i find one i'll update this.

Regards

No Events found!