Unsolved

B

1 Rookie

• 

106 Posts

October 18th, 2020 11:00

Monitoring Data Domain Appliances in ViPR SRM

Hello All,

We want to get the statistics from our DDs in ViPR SRM.
We get statistics from all of our Storage arrays, and now we also want to get reportings from DDs.

SRM Version 4.4u2 / Build 1  7.0u6
Is there a document for doing so, or if someone know the procedure. Please share.

Thank You.

3 Posts

October 19th, 2020 07:00

You didnt state exactly what stats you re looking for but SRM does have a solutionpack for Datadomain. DD is one of the easier systems to configure in SRM and the OOB(out of box ) reports provide a good deal of useful information.  Once you have the SP installed(see the SRM Solutionspack guide), the easiest way is to go onto the datadomain and enable/configure SNMP.  For the best secure option, create only an SNMPv3 user with authorization and encryption. Then do as you normally would in SRM, go to admin/discovery and set up the DD device with the SNMP user and password and you should be all set.

John J 

1 Rookie

• 

106 Posts

October 24th, 2020 08:00

Thanks John for the explanation.

Also, does it need a license for the configuration. Please advise.

Thank You.

3 Posts

October 26th, 2020 08:00

Regarding licensing, the best answer is "talk to your Dell account or site reps".  I have worked with EMC/Dell products for decades but the SRM product is one of the least documented in terms of the deep details around licensing.  I have also primarily been employed at large organizations that had larger licensing agreements so my answer might will not apply

Not all SRM SP require licenses but as a general statement, the Data Domain one does.  A couple of choices would be to get a temp license which would give you a change to prove out the value. Also note that if you are already licensed for and running the DPA(Data protection Advisor) SP, there are a good number of DD statistics that it gathers.  I personally would not rely on that module to a comprehensive took at DD but just know that there are some general DD stats that SRM gathers as part of that DPA collection

john

No Events found!