Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2015 06:00

ViPR SRM install

Hi,

I am trying to get some clarification for the installation of ViPR SRM. I have been reading the documentation for ViPR SRM and I see M&R is required for ViPR SRM. Interestingly the installation document for "VIPR SRM 3.6 – INSTALL USING THE BINARY INSTALLER" has the instructions for installing M&R.

So I guess my questions are:

Is the M&R bundled in the ViPR SRM 3.6 packages?

If that is the case I guess you don't need to install M&R before installing ViPR SRM?

Is ViPR SRM just a SolutionPack within M&R?

Thanks

Colin

74 Posts

March 24th, 2015 07:00

M&R (EMC Monitoring and Reporting) is the framework upon which our other reporting products are built.  It's the basis for SRM, SAS, VNX M&R, ViPR M&R, etc.  The SRM install includes the M&R installation, whether you choose binary or vApp.  SRM is basically M&R plus storage, fabric, host, and DB SolutionPacks.

28 Posts

Collin,

I have installed/upgraded ViPR SRM since version 3.0sp1/6.3sp1.  The software is fairly difficult to install and I am pretty sure it requires professional services.  I would suggest you work with your local account team in order to get the install scheduled.  There is a lot of prework and planning that needs to be done.  Our install took around 3-4 days.  I hope this helps.

10 Posts

Thanks for you response. I don't believe I will be installing it, I am just trying to get a clear understanding of the process.

10 Posts

March 24th, 2015 07:00

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

No Events found!