Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2015 23:00

What component inside the ViPR SRM now?

I found in some documents about the EMC SRM (not ViPR SRM) said there are 3 components (ProSphere、EMC Storage Configuration Advisor and EMC Watch4net(now called M&R)) inside the SRM. and they need to be deployed in different places.

ProSphere, SCA as vApps on vCenter

Prosphere on Windows or Linux host

I am wondering: What components now inside the latest ViPR SRM suite, still need to deploy the components in different places?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2015 01:00

Hi,

In former times we had three tools bundled as SRM suite(version 2.x) Since end of 2013 we released SRM 3.0 and the functionality of the other tools are now integrated into a single tool and GUI. The latest release is SRM 3.6 update 1 and we expect a new update by end of the week.

Best regards,

Mike

Mit TouchDown von meinem Android-Telefon gesendet (www.nitrodesk.com)

26 Posts

March 2nd, 2015 18:00

Thanks Mike, so currently only need install ViPR SRM as vApps on vCenter, correct? Thanks.

March 3rd, 2015 06:00

That's correct. 

26 Posts

March 3rd, 2015 19:00

Thanks Robert, now I found in some documents mention and understand now the software includes some function module like  Collectors, Back-end database, web portal, even  SolutionPack also, Is this understanding correct? And SRM integrate with storage array via collectors?   Also SolutionPack development API is also via Collectors?

Another question is , the ViPR SRM has some certification program to join? If there be, could please tell me the website link or some information? Thanks.

179 Posts

March 5th, 2015 07:00

Hi Johnny,

there is indeed a learning path on ViPR SRM. Please check out this article:

Introducing the ViPR SRM Learning Path

Good Luck!

26 Posts

March 5th, 2015 17:00

Thanks Niki, my question "Another question is , the ViPR SRM has some certification program to join? If there be, could please tell me the website link or some information? Thanks." would not be clear.  the accurate words is : Does the ViPR SRM has some certification program for 3rd party vendor of storage to join? If there be , please let me know some website or information, Thanks.

10 Posts

March 10th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

There is an EMC Partner Program available. Please look at this link and if it is the type of information you are looking for and would like to pursue further ping me back and I will forward and individuals email for you to take next steps.

EMC Technology Connect Partner Solutions for ISVs and IHVs

Hope this helps,

Rich

26 Posts

March 11th, 2015 00:00

Thanks Rich, it is not much what I am looking for, but I already searched the content what I need, Thanks again.

No Events found!