Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2018 09:00

sum of diffrent datafilter values

Hi ,

I couldnt find how to sum of diffrent datafilter values . You can see in the screenshot .Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

throuput.png

15 Posts

June 12th, 2018 09:00

Hello a1gah,

This appears to be a custom alert. Have you checked any of the VPLEX alerts for the data that you are trying to sum? Why type of data is this for: performance, capacity, etc.?

If you open/edit the Time Window "bubble" you will see what has been selected for the function of this object. If sum has been chosen then it is performing a sum of the two Filtered objects that are supplying the data that is being fed into the Time Window. Have you checked the out-of-the box reports to see how they behave? If you put a probe on before and after the Time Window bubble you should be able to see the data that is being sent through that object and then out of it.

Regards,

Wanda

7 Posts

June 12th, 2018 11:00

Hello Wanda,

I am trying to sum of write+read values from virtualvolumes . I know sum function of TimeWindow but TimeWindow might collect 2 write values from same volume or 2 read values .I dont know how it works, I just want current total  write+read (Bandwith)  value of one virtual volume . Can TimeWindow do this? Im not sure and values doesnt seem correct 

Thanks for your help

141 Posts

June 13th, 2018 06:00

Hi a1gah,

You should be able to do that with the Constant Arithmetic Operation which is part of the Arithmetic operation

CAO.PNG.png

regards,

Isaka

7 Posts

June 13th, 2018 09:00

Hello Isaka ,

I tried Constant Arithmetic Operation  but i couldnt fill Value section  so i added 'Data Arithmetic Operation' Im gettin values but ı dont know its correct or not ,you can see Alert Configuration in the screen shoots .

Thanks for your help

throuput12.pngthrouput12aritmetik.png

throuput12datafilter.pngthrouputdatafilet2.png

141 Posts

June 13th, 2018 11:00

Hi a1gah,

Actually try using the Data Arithmetic Operation, in the value filter use the or operator to filter on write or read.

You can also troubleshoot the data flowing trough the various components by probing the alert.

regards,

Isaka

No Events found!