Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2012 04:00

Dell vcenter plugin can't register vcenter by hostname

Hia. I managed to install Dell plugin for vCenter on our environment by using vCenter ip-adresse. But when I try to use vCenter host name I getting this error “could not contact the given vCenter server…”. Both plugin and vCenter are in same vlan. DNS is in place, ping and nslookup works well… any idea how can I resolve this problem?

180 Posts

April 30th, 2012 14:00

Hi rezaiman,

What version of DMPVV & VMware vSphere are you using? Also, are you using the fully qualified domain name (FQDN)?

Have you also taken a look at the resources on the DMPVV wiki page: en.community.dell.com/.../1961.dell-management-plug-in-for-vmware-vcenter.aspx

May 14th, 2012 14:00

We are having a similar problem. Our vcenter server is using port 444. Is this a problem if I put vcenterhost.domain.local:444? I have tried several different browsers, clearing the ssl cache, reinstalling vcenter on port 443 on a different server.  It just sits there for minutes and then may or may not get an error message. We are running v 1.5 on esxi 5 essentials. we have tried quite a few different things and not sure what else to try.  

In our searching I read of several potential solutions you might try.

Adding the plugin site to your trusted locations in your browser,
Clearing your ssl cache,
Deleting temporary internet files or
Perhaps having a non standard port like us might be the issue.

18 Posts

May 16th, 2012 09:00

May 16th, 2012 11:00

Try to add a line in /etc/hosts file from the appliance.

For example,

172.18.10.81 myhost.mydomain.com

May 16th, 2012 12:00

I have started a new post with my issue so as to not overlap with this one since they appear a little different. Thanks!

en.community.dell.com/.../20105747.aspx

No Events found!