Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2011 07:00

I can not launch console and get the following message...

Severity: CRITICAL
Error Code: 1060
Time (Appliance server time): 2011-06-07T15:23:57.716+02:00
Details: The contact failed either because the Virtual Management Console server is down or it cannot be reached from the virtual appliance. Use the fully qualified domain name or the IP address when connecting to the Virtual Management Console server.

I can ping the esxi 4.1 server from the management server.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yann

27 Posts

June 7th, 2011 08:00

"Severity: CRITICAL
Error Code: 1060
Time (Appliance server time): 2011-06-07T15:23:57.716+02:00
Details: The contact failed either because the Virtual Management Console server is down or it cannot be reached from the virtual appliance. Use the fully qualified domain name or the IP address when connecting to the Virtual Management Console server.

I can ping the esxi 4.1 server from the management server.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yann"
Hi Yann,

from the desktop that you are running your VC client, you need to be able to access vCenter and the virtual appliance using the same hostname/ip address that you registerd the appliance with vcenter.

The issue you are describing occurs when there's a mismatch between IP address & DNS settings.

If you are using an HTTP proxy server, make sure your IE browser settings are set to exclude the ip address of both your vcenter and the plug-in virtual appliance.

I hope this helps.

Eric Kuzmack

June 7th, 2011 09:00

I am launching the VC from the Vcenter machine.
both vcenter and dell mc appliance are registered in the dns server, which is hosted in the vcenter machine as well.

June 7th, 2011 09:00

I got it... using ip address through VC client instead of name.

thanks

27 Posts

June 7th, 2011 11:00

"I got it... using ip address through VC client instead of name.

thanks"
Just to make sure I understand the solution: you registered the virtual appliance with a name, but were accessing the vCenter server using the IP address instead of the DNS name of the vCenter server?
No Events found!