Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2008 07:00

Open Manage Install on ESX (documentation)

The "installing Dell Openmanage Software in a VMware ESX Server Software Environment" and the install is pretty good.

I would like to see a small change for those of us that don't read the document cover to cover :-)

In section 6.1 the first main bullet is to increase the service console memory by 128mb for OM 4.5 on ESX 2.5.x

This should really be added to each section of Installing Dell OpenManage n.n on ESX n.n.x section. You may want to even make it bold. Since we were install OM 5.x on 3.x, we didn't read installing 4.x on 2.5.x

342 Posts

April 25th, 2008 09:00

Thanks for the feedback. I'm forwarding this link to the person who wrote that document. He's a member of the TechCenter community, so hopefully he will just respond here.

Thanks.

May 7th, 2008 14:00

"Thanks for the feedback. I'm forwarding this link to the person who wrote that document. He's a member of the TechCenter community, so hopefully he will just respond here.

Thanks."
sorry for the delayed response.

You don't have to increase the memory with OM 5.x and 3.x. With the latest versions of OM and the latest version of ESX, we found that the default service console memory is sufficient for OM agents. Only for older OM and ESX versions you need to increase the memory.

Bala.
No Events found!