Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2010 15:00

Creating report to include custom attributes of Vm's and Hosts across multiple vcenters.

Hi there,
we're just in the process of moving our vfoglight solution from test to production & have come across a bit of wierd one. We had a report / view that would enumerate all virtual machines in our virtual center and output the custom atributes in a nice report form - good for management etc. However, we're moving to a new virtual center instance & we have a test instance too - all are present in vfoglight, but our report is only pulling the custom attributes from the original vcentre. I'm no wcf scripting guru, but I've given it a good look & can't see a way forward - any scripting hero's out there that could have a look & help out?
Alternatively, do you think I could put in a support request for this one & get any joy?

Hope someone can help - I'll post any files needed etc.

Regards,

Jonathan

July 2nd, 2010 10:00

Figured it out in the end - on the second vcenter, the foglight vmware agent did not have the collect custom attributes option in the service.config file set to true. After setting that to true and restarting the collector and connector, all was well.

57 Posts

June 8th, 2010 18:00

This was a custom report created for this?
Should be able to copy the report and change what vc it is pointing to.
-Larry

57 Posts

October 14th, 2010 20:00

Nice find Jonathan!
Yes, by default the Custom Attributes flag is set to False in the foglightagent.winservice.exe.config file.

False

Glad that you were able to figure it out and all is working for you now.
-Larry
No Events found!