Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2010 20:00

Move embedded mysql db to different drive

Hello,
My embedded mysql db is close to running out of space and I would like to migrate it to a different drive on the same host. Is there any documentation or can someone post the commands on how to do this? I've read the Appendix in the vFoglight 6.5 installation and Setup Guide: Installing on Windows with an Embedded MySQL Database. But that only applies if you are migrating the db to an external host.
Thanks,
earlpdx

57 Posts

December 28th, 2010 20:00

If using the embedded MySQL db, it has to be contained in the vFoglight directory. Moving the embedded db outside of the vFoglight directory is unsupported.
With that said, you can install MySQL on the machine with the data files on the drive you choose and move the migrate the embedded db to an "external" instance (running locally on the same machine).
-LArry

94 Posts

February 1st, 2011 01:00

Larry's suggestion of moving to an external DB instance is definitely the preferred solution however if for any reason that is not an option for you then you can move your entire vFoglight installation folder to another drive since the MySQL directory has to stay to its default location as Larry mentioned.
There are bunch of steps that need to be executed in sequence that we can provide details.
Regards
No Events found!