Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SR

April 19th, 2018 09:00

PowerEdge R720 & ESXi 6.7

Hello,

on my test machine i tryed to upgrade from 6.5 to 6.7 (Dell cusomized) via update manager. This failed because the upgarade script can't be executed on the host.

The last lines after that in the esxupdate.log are:

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR: File "/usr/lib/vmware/esxcli-software", line 468, in
ERROR: main()
ERROR: File "/usr/lib/vmware/esxcli-software", line 459, in main
ERROR: ret = CMDTABLE[command](options)
ERROR: File "/usr/lib/vmware/esxcli-software", line 322, in VibGetCmd
ERROR: m = vibs.FindVibsByColonSpec(nameid, onevendor=False)
ERROR: File "/build/mts/release/bora-7967591/bora/build/esx/release/vmvisor/sys-boot/lib64/python3.5/site-packages/vmware/esximage/VibCollection.py", line 367, in FindVibsByColonSpec
ERROR: vmware.esximage.Errors.NoMatchError: ('', "No VIB matching VIB search specification 'OpenManage'.")

Is there a bug in the Dell image?

Kind regards

Stefan

4 Posts

April 19th, 2018 12:00

O.k. i just imported the VMware std. ISO to the update manager, this also don't work... So it is no problem with the Dell ISO.

So i must search...

4 Posts

April 19th, 2018 14:00

o.k. now it worked, first i removed the iDRAC Service Module VIB, after this the error messages in the esxupdate.log disappears. But i still can't upgrade.

In the vua.log i fond a error:

ERROR:root:Failed to perform image profile update: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

So i started to uninstall other unneeded modules and started with the "qlogic-fastlinq-esxcli-plugin". This uninstall needed a reboot. And after the followed reboot i was able to upgrade the host.

I can't say if the reboot or the removed VIB is the soloution, but before my first try to upgrade, the host was fresh booted...

1 Message

August 16th, 2018 02:00

Where have you got ESXi 6.7 Dell custom iso? I don't see in repo... 

August 22nd, 2018 11:00

Hello,

How did you get 6.7 installs to work on a r720 when it is not on the compatibility list?

1 Message

October 3rd, 2018 09:00

I cannot take any credit for this, but it worked for me:

https://tinkertry.com/easy-update-to-esxi-67

No Events found!