Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2011 19:00

vFoglight 6.5 & multiple instances of Virtual Center

Hi all,

Can some one help me to get rid of one version of Virtual Center in vFoglight 6.5?  We have two entries so there are multiple VMs, DataStores, etc...  We recently had to re-build vCenter and I think that is when this started.

Thanks.

April 27th, 2011 23:00

I believe this is covered by this solution, just be careful as you can't revive a deleted object.

Note that in newer versions of Foglight the data management is under Management server | Servers | Data Management instead of Foglight | Servers | Data Management.

https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL55723&category=Solutions&SKB=1

Solution SOL55723

Title

We have some old Virtual Centers listed in the VMWare agent drop down list. How can I remove them?

Problem Description

Question: We have some old Virtual Centers listed in the VMWare agent drop down list. How can I remove them?

Cause

Resolution

Answer: You can delete the old Virtual Center objects from the "VMware Model | VirtualCenters" section of the Data Management dashboard (Foglight | Servers | Data Management) in the Foglight console.

1). Navigate to the Data Management dashboard (Foglight | Servers | Data Management) in the Foglight console.

2). Expand the "VMware Model | VirtualCenters" selections.

3). Delete the old unwanted Virtual Center objects by clicking on the red minus sign icon next to them.

Golan Shem-Tov

Quest Software

April 27th, 2011 23:00

You probably also want to check this solution, the step where they talk about deleting object is covered by the previous solution. 

https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL44205&category=Solutions&SKB=1

Solution SOL44205

return

Title

Duplicated Virtual Center Object showing on Foglight after reinstalls the VMware Virtual Center

Problem Description

Duplicated Virtual Center Object showing on Foglight after reinstalls the VMware Virtual Center

Cause

Foglight VMware cartridge using Virtual Center's Server Unique ID as identifier to show which virtual centers the metric/data coming from. 

Foglight Management Server (FMS) will create a whole new set of VMware object if this number has been changed.

Resolution

RESOLUTION:

1.  Go to VMware agent installation directory and open any .xml file then go to end of it and find vcUniqueID which is your old Virtual Center Unique ID
2.  Change your VMware Virtual Center Server Unique ID to old number (You can find it form VIC client Menu | Administration | VirtualCenter management Server Configuration | Runtime Settings)
3.  Restart Foglight VMware agent
4.  Please contact Quest Software Technical support on how to delete old Virtual Center object

No Events found!