Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 28th, 2018 17:00

Can't uninstall avast antivirus

I'm trying to uninstall avast antivirus from past 6 hours and avast deepscreen keep stopping me to do this task. Is there anyone who can help me on this issue ?

2 Posts

1. Open avast settings
  2. Click General
  3. Uncheck enable deepscreen option
  4. Press ok button

and then try to uninstall avast again. For more detailed instructions i suggest your to visit this: How to disable deepscreen

3 Posts

Got it, thanks

3 Posts

Can you please guide me step by step about how to do that ?

2 Posts

I was having the same issue few weeks ago.. You need to disable avast deepscreen from settings first and then uninstall.

1 Message

August 20th, 2019 20:00

My solution for an older version of windows was that I had to repair the software due to it being installed for quite some time. Then it allowed me to uninstall the software.

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 11:00

how do you get to avast settings

1 Message

April 14th, 2020 18:00

I found that in SAFE mode (PressF8 at startup) I could go to c:\program files\ Avast    and uninstall it without the "need permission" issue. It easily deleted. (note: I was in my administrator account in safe mode). I then deleted all shortcuts and deleted the items from the recycle bin.    I restarted my computer in normal mode and typed "Avast" in on the search programs and it was all gone at last!!!! This Avast program frequently got caught doing sneaky stuff on my system ( by Advanced System Care and by my new Eset Smart Security software)  Eset was denied access to the Avast program but was able to warn me that Avast was doing risky things on my system. I am just glad it is now gone and I hope this helps anyone who feels frustrated and stuck by the Avast Program. Before this, I found I could go into the Avast program from the taskbar shortcut button, Click "modify" and unclick all of its features and then click "change" to disable most of it and also in modify click disable for all of its 6 screens (Tools it uses to operate).

13 Posts

July 4th, 2020 01:00

uninstalling it completely and reinstalling the latest version which will come to fix this issue.
Download the “AvastClear.exe”
Run the downloaded executable and click on “Yes” to boot into safe mode.
Let the uninstaller run and wait for it to complete.
Download the latest version of Avast from the website and install it by running the executable.
The definitions will now be up to date and the latest version of the software will be installed.
To know more easy fix visit Avast won’t update.

1 Message

September 25th, 2020 16:00

Updated check box

Go to Setting> General> Search for "Self defending" box.

Remove the check mark.

Uninstall.

Successfully uninstalled just now.

No Events found!