Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2011 18:00

Cant login to Dell.com and think i was hacked.

A couple days ago i noticed my Antivirus alarm going off every few minutes like my machine was under attack so i of course cleaned the whole machine and installed Malware bytes finding more stuff that the AV did not find..

The reason i am posting here is because today i went to login to my Dell.com account and i cant ?.

When i request a password it says it has no record of my Email at all but i created this account today with that very same Email and password plus when i created the account it knew my name as it says at the top of the page  Welcome so and so if your not so and so click here.

So i know Dell has my information somewhere ?   I was not sure where else to post this so i came to this portion of the forum and since its Sunday i dont think i can contact any live person .

I called my friend thinking maybe there login server was down but he logged in right away and the only thing i can think of is since it says if you fail to login after 6 attempts your account will be locked so maybe my account is locked ?.

I managed to login to Dell Financial Services no problem so again i am confused :(..

20.5K Posts

June 19th, 2011 21:00

Others had problems today as well, and they did not have a malware issue. Make sure you have cleaned cookies and temporary internet files. Following that, reboot and try again. Be sure to use the same email address that you have ALWAYS used. If you continue to have login problems, please post back here and we will let the Forum Admin know.

3 Posts

Thank you for the reply Bugbatter.

I tried again just abit ago and i was able to log in so it must have been a database issue of sorts.

I became concerned when i had my friend log into his account and he said no problems here so i jumped

the gun thinking i was hacked somehow.  Also when i requested my password to be sent and they said my Email

address was not in the database and did not exist i really freaked  :).

Is there a forum when issues like this pop up i can go and see if others are having similar issues ?

Either way thanks again and i am glad it was not what i had thought it was.

20.5K Posts

That was the same message others were getting.

THIS is the only place that I can think of where you might post issues like that. The moderators check that group often.

3 Posts

June 19th, 2011 23:00

Ok thanks again for the help and ill be sure to comment there next time i have a panic attack which is hopefully not anytime soon .

1 Rookie

• 

2.2K Posts

June 20th, 2011 07:00

The Dell forums have periodically had sign in issues for years...:emotion-39:

so it is best to check in here first to see if others are having similar problems. :emotion-5:

58 Posts

June 20th, 2011 11:00

Thanks for helping with this over the weekend!  

No Events found!