Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2008 17:00

Dell 2400 with Vundo system 32 rqRKeebc.dll help unable to remove

Twice i have gotten this in the last 2 days i have reformatted and it got on there again my McAfee wont stop screaming TROJAN VUNDO i have been on line with another computer for hours trying different removal tool none of which are of any use i been through the forums here i cant find a straight answer can someone point me to another help techie? or solution that isnt 2 yrs old. :smileysad: windows xp sp2 edtion 80 gig drive 640 memory
Message Edited by BigRed3373 on 04-05-2008 01:04 PM

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 5th, 2008 17:00

Download the latest version of Trend Micro's HiJackThis (HJT) [version 2.0.2]   installer   from
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click on the     HJTInstall.exe    file you just downloaded, and click on the   Install   button, to install HJT in the suggested/default folder,
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
( As part of the installation, a shortcut to the HJT   program  will be placed on your Desktop, and another shortcut in your START menu [for easy-access to using HJT in the future ---
you only need to run the  program  again, but not the  installer ] ).
After installation, HJT will automatically open and start running.  
[If this is your   first time  running HJT, please read and accept the EULA (End-User License Agreement)]
Click on  Do a System Scan and Save a LogFile

This will automatically open NotePad

Copy the entire file from NotePad:  EDIT/SelectAll, EDIT/Copy

Then go to the forum dedicated for HiJack This logs (**NOT** back here), and  PASTE the results there:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=si_hijack

Be sure to include a detailed description of any problems/errors/warnings you are encountering.  

Also, please indicate the steps you've already taken, if any, in terms of running anti-malware scanners or malware removal tools.

When you submit your HJT log, please make sure the box under your text which shows "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks" is checked, or your log may not format correctly... it should consist of separate/readable lines, not one large "jumble".

Hopefully, one of the HJT experts will get to it as quickly as possible.

WARNING:  HiJack This is a VERY POWERFUL tool.  While it's  completely safe  for you to download, generate, and post your log (as described above), you should *NOT* attempt to do anything else (in particular, do NOT use it to delete/fix any entries) until you are advised to do so by a forum expert!!   Improper use of this tool can severely damage your system.

64 Posts

April 5th, 2008 18:00

okay i await the help on the other forum thank you :)

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

April 5th, 2008 18:00

good work in generating/posting your HJT log.   I believe it actually shows TWO separate VUNDO infections, as well as an IRC Backdoor Trojan.

Please wait for an expert to respond to your log.   At present, there are only two people regularly working that forum (BugBatter and BamaJim)...

there may be some others taking on a few logs as well -

a list of acknowledged helpers can be found in message 2 here

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=si_hijack&thread.id=52014 

you'll need to be patient until someone gets to you. 

(They're all volunteers... no one here actually works for Dell).

Good luck.

Message Edited by ky331 on 04-05-2008 03:56 PM
No Events found!