Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2008 02:00

HELP! I have multiple viruses showing on AVG, 1st is: trojan horse generic_cMFD

Hi to all, I am a newbie and admit it, so please accept my apologies up front, lol...

The path on the first is: path:C:\Windows\privacy_danger\index.htm,virus   My son's friend used my computer in the middle of the night, says he went to a game site, now I have all kinds of wiggy viruses, the one above is just one, there is also Trojan Horse BHO.DBH, trojan horse downloader.ZLOB.UXN, trojan horse generic 9.BGKP and more. These are in all my files!

It brings up a fake screen that is plain, that if I put the mouse in the upper right corner, I can close it and my screen shows when that closes, most things are missing from my start menu, the time is in military and says "VIRUS ALERT" to the right of it, when I try to log onto the internet, it takes me to a page that says I have no connection, but when I type in an address it works. I am currently scanning my computer with

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner, which I found while looking in old threads that another member with a different version of the generic trojan was advised to go, so I thought I would try at least. I have to go out of town for a couple days to get my son, but will check as soon as I get back to see if any of you have any advice, I use this computer to work and I am a disabled single mom with two kids, so buying anything is next to impossible. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am worrying just a tad to say the least. Thanks all!

Sherry

20.5K Posts

August 10th, 2008 12:00

Sherry,
Try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Please download to your desktop Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checkedPhotobucket
    Click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • If you are still having problems and/or would like a follow-up check to be sure the infection as well as vulnerabilities are gone, copy and paste the entire report into a New Message on the HijackThis Board. Also include a fresh HijackThis log. Instructions for downloading HijackThis are at the top of that forum.
    1. Just click the New Message button in the HijackThis forum here: http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=si_hijack
    to start your own thread requesting assistance for a follow-up check to be sure the malware is gone.
    2. In the Message Body window that opens, simply Right-Click and select Paste.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

No Events found!