Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

October 8th, 2006 13:00

How do I do a factory reset on my Dell Latitude D610?

How do I do a factory reset on my Dell Latitude D610? I have tried to press ctrl+F11 but it doesn´t work. Please help me...

82 Posts

October 8th, 2006 19:00

Larry81,

Quote from Rick over in the Software-Windows XP board.

Systems shipped after July 15, 2004 came with Symantec PC Restore. This utility restores the computer to an "as-shipped" condition. If you haven't reformatted, repartitioned, or otherwise modified the master boot record, it should work. Click here for instructions about Symantec PC Restore.

If the Symantec PC Restore utility won't work, but still resides on your computer, a Dell customer has figured out some ways to get it to work again. Note - If you removed this partition, it is not recoverable, cannot be downloaded from the internet, and cannot be shipped from Dell. Click here for ways to fix Symantec PC Restore. Users have also reported that the partition can be restored with Ghost 2003, and Ghost 9 using the '03 capabilities of it. If you boot to the Ghost 9 CD, select Advanced Recovery Taks, select Utilities, then Restore Legacy Image it should work - but you want to verify the image before attempting the restore. It's in a folder called IMG.

Systems that shipped beginning in early 2005 ship without Windows XP. You can contact Dell and request a CD and wait for it to ship, see Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

PennyG

No Events found!