Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2010 18:00

IE 8 ERROR PAGE

I have been working with another Dell Community Forum to solve the above problem. They have been most helpful with suggestions to prevent this from happening but nothing worked.  Today they referred me to your forum.  The problem I am having is that every morning when I boot up the computer and after my programs have downloaded, a page comes up saying: "IE 8 can not display this page".  There is no website address.  This  is happens before I even access the Internet or any programs installed on the computer.  I  have deleted it every day for the past two months.  After I delete it I can access any website on the computer and any  of the programs I have installed.  I have a Dell Dimension 3000 and Windows XP Office.  I also have Malware installed along with AVG Free Anti-Virus version installed on the computer.  There is no IE on my Startup programs or on msconig.   I downloaded the "hijack program" that you suggested and did a scan.  I will post the log after I post this note.  Would appreciate any help on resolving this matter. Thank you!

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

June 5th, 2010 09:00

You have posted a log in another person's topic. Now you have posted in three different topics. Please keep all your replies in the thread with your logs. Thanks.

No Events found!