Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

September 17th, 2018 13:00

Installing Window Update KB4457144

Usually my Windows Updates routinely download and install. However, this has failed three times now in short order. It's the Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7. The Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework and the Definition Update for Windows Defender had no problems.  It gives an Error Code 8000FFFF, which leads to just a list of other error codes. Has anyone else had any problems with this latest batch?. I'll try to install again in a day or two.

Erro

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 17th, 2018 15:00

You're not alone!   :TongueTied:

Lots of other people reporting this problem and same error message with that KB. Just Google the KB number, eg here. You may have to wait until MacroStupid investigates and fixes their latest mess-up.

I had no problems installing it on my Win 7Pro+SP1, 32-bit PC. So I was lucky...this time.... :Wink:

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

September 17th, 2018 15:00

Looks like I "lucked out" too... installed KB 4457144 on my Win7x64 system when it was originally offered on 9/11

5.8K Posts

September 17th, 2018 18:00

I lucked out by not installing the September patches yet. :BigSmile:

… as usual, I always wait a few weeks. Been doing this for years, with no adverse effects.

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

September 29th, 2018 08:00

Well...here it is two weeks later and another three attempts have been made to download and install this update, the latest just a short time ago. I kept the download page up in a small window and it never even showed a percentage of the file had downloaded before I got the failed message. So, I think it's best just to hide this update and forget about it. The preview updates for October are already up and ready to go, but I hid them too.  

Windows Defender updates exhibit no problems.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 29th, 2018 18:00

Have you read this?  He seems to be saying this recent update requires an old one, KB3177467. So check to see if you have that one installed...

No Events found!