Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

December 6th, 2010 15:00

McAfee Subscription expired in 1 month although I had 15 month subscription when purchased Dell Laptop

Hi,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop from Dell website in Oct 2010. In the deal, a 15-month free subscription of mcAfee anti-virus was included, which is clearly mentioned in the Order Summary as well as in the system configuration on Dell Support page (when I look by entering my Service Tag).

However, McAfee Subscription expired in 1 month even though I had been offered 15 month subscription. I keep on getting error messages to purchase the product.

This is very frustrating experience for me with a well reputed brand as Dell.

Could anybody kindly advise what should I do to revert it back to 15 months?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 6th, 2010 16:00

Hello Gambraj, and welcome to DCF.

When you first received  your computer, McAfee should have asked you to register your subscription online by creating a McAfee account. Did you do this?

What happens when you right-click the McAfee icon  in your system tray and click verify subscription?

2 Posts

December 8th, 2010 03:00

My situation is similar. I bought my Studio last month with the 15 month McAfee offer included. I registered with McAfee and I am receiving almost daily  emails from them warning that my subscription ends in the middle of this month and offering to sell me a new one. When I check my products with McAfee it states 'Please be aware that Subscription 1 of your McAfee SecurityCenter provided via agreement with Dell will expire on 16/12/2010. Until you renew this subscription or install another licensed copy, your computer may be vulnerable to Internet threats'. What happened to the other 14 months?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 8th, 2010 06:00

Hello Prius1,

If you are not seeing the correct subscription details when you login to your McAfee account, then it would be advisable to contact McAfee or Dell directly.

McAfee:

Chat and Email
http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=2057&sg=CS&pt=1&st=CHAT

Phone Customer Service
http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=2057&sg=CS&pt=1&st=PHONE

Dell:

Chat with Technical Support

159 Posts

December 9th, 2010 06:00

My friend has the same problem and after contacting with McAfee support team, they helped him. Don't worry at all but it. Just use above contact addresses and tell them your problem. They will help you well.

2 Posts

December 9th, 2010 09:00

Thanks very much for the information Bestis1980. I had a chat with McAfee, as you suggested,  and they have now given me the full 15 months subscription.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2011 12:00

I have the same problem, but have been given the runaround from Dell. McAfee tells me they don't have my information on file, and the Dell reps are being no help at all. I've sent an email in so I'll see what happens.

1 Message

April 5th, 2011 20:00

Mine expired after 7 months, I had pop ups from McAfee, it had expired early and I ended up with a virus on my computer.  Now I have AVG paid version installed on it and all is good. 

No Events found!